No DFU capable USB device available Error

Hello All,

I get this error…
No DFU capable USB device available
make[2]: *** […/…/…/build/module.mk:114: program-dfu] Error 74
make[1]: *** […/build/recurse.mk:12: modules/tracker/user-part] Error 2
make: *** [C:\Users\dmd.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.11.0\Makefile:86: flash-user] Error 2

the workbench puts the device into DFU mode it says its Done and then after sometime the device again goes back to blinking cyan and this error comes in terminal

Hi Dilip-
What are you trying to do when this happens? Another user is experiencing the same issue and I’m wondering if this is a bug on Particle’s end or just a coincidence.

If you manually put the device in DFU mode does it work? If the board isn’t responding to programmatic attempts to put it in DFU you can manually place it in DFU more by holding down the MODE (or SETUP) button while tapping RESET until it blinks yellow.

Let me know what happens!

Hello,

I am just trying to Flash the device with particle workbench and initially it would be connected to the coud (breathing Cyan ) once i start the flash the programming environment would send some commands to put the device into the DFU mode then immediately i can see the blinking yellow (DFU Mode ). And after few seconds( i am not sure the time how many seconds or so) it goes breathing cyan before even the flashing is complete. I tried once with putting the device manually to DFU mode with Reset and Mode button and start flashing it works : ). My understanding could be some timing issues between the modes from the programming environment ??

Thanks

I am having a similar problem with all my devices using VSC. I get the following when trying to flash locally

:::: PUTTING DEVICE INTO DFU MODE

Unable to open USB device

. If I manually enter DFU mode, it will flash normally. Then I see

:::: PUTTING DEVICE INTO DFU MODE

Done.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.