Multiple files in Spark Build IDE

New feature released today - multiple files! Check it out:

You can now compile multiple files! This works in a very similar way to the Arduino IDE where the main application is an “Arduino” file, and additional files/libraries are normal C++ source files and header files (which are not run through the pre-processor).

A few things to be aware of:

• There are a couple of small UI bugs about how the tab is highlighted that still need to be fixed, we’ll get to those early next week.
  • If you create additional files, we automatically create both a header file (.h) and a source file (.cpp), and a #include statement for the header file. However you are free to delete or modify the line of code that we automatically insert.
  • Next up we’ll be creating a nice mechanism for sharing libraries; for the moment there’s no better way than copy-pasting, but don’t worry, we’re working on it :slight_smile:

Enjoy, and please share your feedback! Blog post for the full output of Sprint 5 coming on Monday.

Have a great weekend!
Z

12 Likes

Hi, I was wondering how many files you support now? My build IDE opens 11 files, but I can’t create anymore, is this a limitation or just bug?

Thanks,
mamahow

This is not working for me when I click on the + symbol on the right side of the top bar. I am using Google Chrome, and when I go to spark.io/build in IE, it never shows anything, but says “page loaded but with errors”.

Update: I was able to add files in Firefox!