Maker Faire RGBPongClock

sorry, i forgot to mention that i commented out that line in the code

//#define LAT A4 because that was the first thing thought might have been it.

i am already using the new shield version LAT is wired to TX.

THX again.

@KWeb, if you are using the “v4” configuration then A2-A5 will be open. Nonetheless, A4 operation is still affected by the hardware time. If you modify this line in RGBMatrixPanel.cpp:

refreshTimer.begin(refreshISR, 200, uSec);

to:

refreshTimer.begin(refreshISR, 200, uSec, TIMER7);

It will use a non-GPIO related timer which should free up A4 to work with PWM. Give it a shot and let me know!

That did it… THX a lot… I’ll show the project when i am done :wink:

@KWeb, well shiver me timbers!!! I’m going to make that a permanent change to the library (only for the Photon of course) so that there is not interference with timer-based GPIO. Thanks for the challenge and testing the fix!

1 Like

Uh, one more question:

is there a way in the library to find out what color an led is set to?

Like:

getColorRGB(x,y);

in my project i am designing a game and i draw randomly sized shapes on the matrix and move them. the easiest way to see if i had a colission would be if i could read out if i just painted an obstacle over my object…

@KWeb, there is no function for that. I suggest you create your own array/buffer against which you can query color. You would memcpy your buffer to the display buffer whenever you want to update the display.

@peekay123,
Could I buy one of the shields from you?

Thanks,
Cole

@whackedspinach, of course! I sell them for US $30 plut $7.50 shipping.

@peekay123, Great, how can I pay you?

Also, is there anything else you would recommend picking up with the shield? I have the RGB Matrix and Photon already.

Hi, please send link on PCB DESIGN source. Thanks

I sell the shields so the design is not open source at this time.

@peekay123, maybe I missed in the comments, did you have a chance of sharing the completed complete wiring?

Would this work?

If you are referring to the original wired protoboard version the answer is no. I found that hand wiring the circuit did not work well with lots display issues so I designed a PCB instead. The latest version of the PCB (v4) also includes an onboard microSD socket. Hope that answers your question!

1 Like

Hi @peekay123, I see you have boards available at this moment? Shall I transfer $37,50 (board including postage to NL) to get one? I do not see any design on OSHPARK or TINDIE (OK by me). Thanks!

@galagaking, the transfer via paypal is good. Make sure to supply your address. I’m a starving artist so I haven’t open sourced the design yet. Once I sell out the boards I have, I’ll open it up. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi - I’m having a very rudimentary problem in putting the kit together. I followed the instructions closely and plugged it in, but the Photon isn’t powering up from the main power.

@bradleyhope, YOU HAVE THE PHOTON IN BACKWARDS!!

Refer to this topic and github link for instructions:

1 Like

For the latest Maker Fair RGBMatrixPanel shield and Kit, please refer to this topic:

:wink:

1 Like