Look for materials for an IoT Course

Hi, All:
I'm getting ready to teach an IoT course in the spring, using Photon 2's, and I am looking for a good set of educational resources. I have notes of my own, but I'd like to augment them, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Thanks!

Here are some general guidelines around classroom use: Classroom setup | Getting Started | Particle

@Colleen anything to add?

Hi @mprogers,

I teach an IoT class based around the Argon (I haven't been able to get my hands on a Photon 2 yet), and I have published all the course material as an open educational resource. Please feel free to reference it--I'd love to know if you end up using anything.

All the code exercises from class are also available.

I have some assignment solutions if you want, but those aren't posted publicly.

Also, I created a small Slack community for faculty teaching IoT classes. If you'd me to add you, just send me a DM.

1 Like

This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing! There is definitely material here that I can use, and Iā€™m looking forward to taking a deep dive into the material.

1 Like

The Particle Hackster is one of my favorite things to share with students- it gives them a lot of good inspiration.

Some of my favorite posts there are from students in @Rashap's IoT bootcamp- perhaps he has some words of wisdom to share.

1 Like

@mprogers As Colleen mentioned, I have been teaching a Particle-based IoT course for a while here at Central New Mexico Community College. You can see some of our class projects at https://www.hackster.io/CNM_Ingenuity.

More than happy to talk about what we are doing here. Feel free to reach out to me at brashap@cnm.edu

1 Like