Long upload times on Digistump Oaks

As of approximately the 23rd of March (2017!!), the upload process for the Digistump Oak from the Particle Cloud has been slowed down considerably… from less than a minute to a 3-5 minute process. My belief is that the FastOTA process has stopped working, and it is now in old stable mode update mode (due to update times, and the fact that all upload report as successful instead of failed when complete now)… I haven’t poked around in the update handshake stuff to check though so could be completely wrong.

This is starting to affect several people as they are starting to update code and encounter this slowdown issue… as documented on the Digistump forums here and here. Any ideas @suda?

Just as an example of how annoying this is… the following blink code took five minutes to upload to my test oak… and I thought I’d try something different and upload from Particle Build instead of the Arduino IDE… but no change.

const int LED_PIN = 1; //The LED is connected to P1 on the Oak

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() 
{
  // publish a message to particle saying that this code is now running
  Particle.publish("oak/userrom/startup", "Particle Build IDE loaded Blink sketch", PRIVATE);

// initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
  pinMode(LED_PIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() 
{
  digitalWrite(LED_PIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                   // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_PIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                   // wait for a second
}

@pfeerick We are looking into this issue. Thanks for reporting it.

2 Likes

This issue should now be fixed. We found a bug and squashed it.

2 Likes

Thanks for that… I can confirm on my end that all is good again! :wink:

2 Likes