Local Cloud Beta Testing [Where is the Source code for the Cloud]

I’d love to help testing this thing as well, @Dave
Being dependent on an internet connection is so sad. Especially if you’re going on vacation like me and want to hack on my sparks.

1 Like

+1 interested beta tester

1 Like

I would like to volunteer as beta tester for the local server.
Thanks

1 Like

List of interested beta testers

1. @Moors7

2. @marvinmoon

3. @andrewstuart

4. @NaAl

5. @pgrunwald

6. @jwebster

7. @jwalker

8. @muhh

9. @rolandturner

10. @addame

11. @adrian

12. @yasin

13. @zach_l

14. @frlobo

15. @cayuse

16. gaudsend

17. pablo

18. jasonteale

19, ryotsuke

20, noora

21, amit​_​singh

22, ssokol

23, skywalker11

24, clyde

25, krvarma

26, sej7278

27, dougal

28, developstuff

29, bossinigianni

30, Gentmat

Hey guys! I’ve got you on my radar and if the :spark: team starts beta, I’ll dig up this list :smiley:

For those who have been following about the Local Cloud and is really excited about it, we have a targeted Dateline for Summer 2014 so do keep a look out!

2 Likes

Hi @kennethlimcp can please you add me to your list of interested beta testers for the local cloud?

2 Likes

An also please add me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

please add @zach_l as well - thanks!

1 Like

Add me too! @frlobo!

1 Like

Hi,
I like to join the beta test as well, @nika8991.

2 Likes

+1 on the Me Too @cayuse

2 Likes

If you’re still taking people, please add me to beta!

2 Likes

@Dave I also interested in beta testing

2 Likes

+1 for @jasonteale too please!

1 Like

Was busy other things lately, now back here. What is Stratus of this topic? If sources not released I would also try betatesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ryotsuke, you’re on the beta list now :slight_smile:

So have we some beta-instructions already? :slight_smile:

Not at the moment. The beta-release for Local cloud is in summer

However, i’m going to work with @peekay123 to manage the :spark:-Beta and share about how to be a good beta-tester, things to take note and how to provide concise feedback etc.

I have yet to really talk to :spark: HQ yet about this beta-program but I would love to share my experience after being a beta on other platforms for 3-5 years :wink:

Well, I actually got annoyed by exactly the issue of not having the possibility of using my own server directly, so I did go into reversing the protocol. This was back in March.

I couldn’t get the padding right and accepted by the client, so I gave up after a few hours.

Needless to say, I’d be pretty happy to be included in the beta or at least given proper protocol implementation details.

2 Likes

@noora,

not sure if this helps but the entire communication-stack is here:

I have added you to the beta list as well.

Thanks! :smiley:

@kennethlimcp that’s where I reversed it from. However, it’s not exactly beautiful or self-explanatory code. At all. No offense to whoever wrote it.

IIRC the padding scheme used in the protocol through tropicssl has been deprecated, which is at least one reason I had a hard time getting it right with existing Node libraries.

1 Like