Library not found when compiling

I am trying to flash my project to my argon board and I have a few libraries (Arduino JSON, Arduino IRremote, MQTT-TLS) for the project in a “lib” folder outside of the “src” folder. When I compile it throws an error saying it cannot find the include IRremote.h which does exist in the library folder in the lib directory.

Is there a certain way I need to structure my project for the workbench to find the libraries?

When you create a project with via the dedicated command
and install libraries via that dedicated command
you should get the structure as it should be

Can you also show your #include statements?

Ah, I did not know about the install library command. How does the command work, what do I enter because the description of what I am suppose to type in (“Which Library?”) in visual studio code isn’t very helpful?

All I did to add the libraries was manually create folder in the project and manually copy them in.

this is how my includes look

#include "Particle.h"
#include "IRremote.h"
#include "config.h"
#include "CloudIoTCore.h"
#include "MQTT-TLS.h"
#include "ArduinoJson.h"

That would be the name of the library :wink:
If you don’t know the exact name, you can use CLI (e.g. via the command “Particle: Launch CLI”) and use its search feature particle library search <yourPartialLibName>.

When installing (or manually copying) libs you need to remove the examples folder from the libraries otherwise the compile will be confused with multiple implementations for setup() and loop().

Went and deleted any example folder from the libraries but I still get the same error

This is how my project is setup

44%20AM

Where did you get the Arduino-IRremote library from?
I can only find these four libraries when searching irremote

IRremote 0.0.3 21752 IR Remote Control
DAIRremote 1.9.0 101
IRremoteLearn 0.0.1 55 IR Remote Control for Learner IR receivers
BeanSQ-IRremote 0.0.1 19 Particle Port v2.2.1-- Send and receive infrared signals with multiple protocols

Also I don’t know of a Arduino-JSON library with a hyphen in then name.

Are you cloud building or locally?

IRremote library from here, used it on other non-particle boards but looking at the repo it might not even work

Arduino-JSON is this one I just added a hyphen in the folder name

MQTT library is

Google-Clout-IoT is

I am trying to compile/build locally through VS Code