Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Lunera
About the company
Lunera started as an innovative lighting company to deliver energy savings through easy-to-install LED lamps for businesses. By adding sensors, connecting the lamps to other smart devices and automating entire buildings through our IoT platform, Lunera is becoming the world’s most innovative Energy Management Optimization company. To make our smart products even smarter, we are growing our software team.
In this position, you will become responsible for all the software running on our smart lamps. We trust you to reliably deliver high-quality, secure, maintainable and efficient code that interacts well with our cloud platform and other systems.
- Significant experience designing, developing and debugging embedded, real-time software
- Must have participated in commercial end-to-end development of successful products containing a non-trivial amount of software
- Must understand the technical challenges and opportunities of connecting embedded devices to the internet
- Well versed in current tools and methods to develop software in a distributed team that also includes hardware people on one side, and cloud developers on the other
- Fluency in embedded C, C++, and related tools
- Willingness and ability to have (well-founded) opinions, to learn and think out of the box and to mentor more junior engineers when needed
- Located in the Santa Clara, California, area, or having a track record of being successful remotely in a similar role
Nice to have:
- Experience with continuous integration that includes hardware, embedded and cloud software
- Experience in higher-level languages
- Experience with STM32
- Experience with Particle.io
Embedded, real-time, Linux, Windows, RTOS, FreeRTOS, STM32, C, C++, make, git, jira, confluence, gcc, gdb, Eclipse, cppUnit, Agile, Scrum, IoT, Particle.io
How to apply
Send your resume to hr <at> lunera.com, with the job title for this posting in the subject line. We are looking forward to hearing from you.