Sr. Firmware-to-Cloud Devops Engineer
About the company
Lunera started as an innovative lighting company to deliver energy savings through easy-to-install LED lamps for businesses. By adding sensors, connecting the lamps to other smart devices and automating entire buildings through our IoT platform, Lunera is becoming the world’s most innovative Energy Management Optimization company. To make our smart products even smarter, we are growing our software team.
Developing a distributed system, and keeping it running, that consists of millions of connected devices running embedded software, several SaaS applications in the cloud and a big data analytics backend has its own special challenges. What does continuous integration and devops look like in such an environment? We trust you to know or find out, and lead its implementation.
- Substantial experience in building and operating a Linux-based devops and monitoring infrastructure
- Willingness and ability to lead the stretching the envelope of typical (cloud-only) devops practices to also encompass connected, internet-of-things devices
- An appreciation of both cloud and embedded software development
- Ability to clearly articulate the why’s and how’s of complex devops systems; ability to herd developers to use the system successfully
- Familiarity with a broad range of related tools and processes
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Located in the Santa Clara, CA, area, or having a track record of being successful remotely in a similar role
Nice to have:
- Devops experience using Windows
- Experience with connected device platforms such as Particle.io
Linux, Windows, AWS, EC2, RTOS, FreeRTOS, STM32, C, C++, C#, .NET, Java, Python, Perl, Bash, Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, make, ant, git, jira, confluence, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, gcc, gdb, Eclipse, cppUnit, jUnit, nUnit, Agile, Scrum, IoT, Particle.io
How to apply
Send your resume to hr <at> lunera.com, with the job title for this posting in the subject line. We are looking forward to hearing from you.