Internal particle events shown in Particle Console Events view unexpectedly

Hi,

Within the past week, I’ve started seeing different internal Particle events pop up when looking at the Events tab in the Particle Console. This means that for each every user event there are 2 more events that clutter the list.
For example, one of our devices sends user/event which is now followed by particle-internal sending hook-sent/user/event and hook-response/user/event/0.

I don’t care that the events are happening, but is there a way to filter them out like what seemed to be default from a week ago? …should I care that these events are now popping up?

Hi, and welcome to the community.

Are these devices on a product? And maybe not claimed?
I wonder if this announcement has anything to do with that:

Best

1 Like

It looks like you have a webhook that triggers on /user/event. The extra events are that the webhook was sent and the response to the event. There is no way to filter them out.

They always appeared when viewing the device owner’s event stream, but now also appear in the product event stream. This is part of the change that allows unclaimed product devices to subscribe to events. This eliminates the need to claim product devices in almost all cases.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to the community.

Thanks! Glad to be here.

It looks like you have a webhook that triggers on /user/event. The extra events are that the webhook was sent and the response to the event. There is no way to filter them out.
They always appeared when viewing the device owner’s event stream, but now also appear in the product event stream.

Yes, we do have webhooks for them, but, as you said, this is the first time I'm seeing them clutter up the product-wide event stream.
When you say the device owner's event stream, you don't mean the event stream when looking at any particular product device's event stream, right? Because when I'm looking at any one device it's already filtered to the device ID so I don't see anything from particle-internal.

For example, here I'm looking at all events for our product,

And here I'm looking at the events for a single device in that product,

I can filter events to be device:particle-internal and i will only get these, so it's kind of a bummer to not be able to filter the opposite way. If there's no way around it now its not a big deal, allowing unclaimed event subscriptions to unclaimed product devices is certainly useful!

That is a good suggestion. We'll take that into consideration. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.