Based on my own experience designing a relay shield for the Spark Core (goo.gl/66vFVi).
(I’m basing the following according to the pictures on the website.)
- It seems that the shield doesn’t have the unused pins broken out. If that’s the case, I think it will be a great addition. For example, a use case could be:
The user wants to control 3 lamps depending on the ambient light and some internet event, so
he wants to add a photoresistor and connect it to the analog input X.
The shield has a lot of free space, this free space should be for something good, like enabling a prototyping area.
Move the Spark Core to the border, so the USB connector is just on the border. This will:
- Make the USB connector more accessible. The cable will not hang on the middle of the board.
- More PCB space is left for prototyping.
The placement of the components could be a little bit optimized in order to release more free PCB space.
I suppose the pictures are from a prototype, but in any case, please put some Silkscreen. On it, please put:
- Graphic for the components. In particular transistors.
- Assuming you accept suggestion 1, please put in the silkscreen the name/function of each Spark Core pin.
- Mounting holes!!!
That’s it. Kind regards.