Electron U270 CE Certification problems

Hello Particle Support,
Declaration of CE conformity is a nasty theme.
Since june 2017 there is a new EC directive (Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU).
Without the declaration of CE conformity with this new directive it is not possible to use the Electron in a product. You can yes, but than we can not reuse your declaration of conformity. I have seen that u-blox has updated the declaration.

Do you plan or already have a declaration of conformity to the RED directive for the Electron U270? Or maybe the E series?

Regards

Thomas

The Electron 3G Europe/Asia/Africa (U270) does comply with Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU. The certification website has not been updated yet. I can’t attach a PDF here, but I’ve included a picture of it.

While the document does not specifically mention RED 2014/53/EU, that’s because it references EN 301 908-1, which is known as “IMT cellular networks; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the Directive 2014/53/EU.”

1 Like

That is great. Thank you!

Hallo Rick,
Is there also an CE certificate for the “Electron Asset Tracker v2” with an U270 on it?
Maybe you will surprise me again :wink:

We did not certify the combination of the AssetTracker and an Electron together. If you’re shipping a product based on the combined unit you should definitely get some legal advice. It may be necessary to re-certifiy your final product, especially in the EU. However since the Electron is already certified it will be less expensive than starting from scratch.

1 Like

Thank you Rick,
It would have been a surpise if particle had done it.