Electron does not breath cyan on first power up (connection problem)

@kennethlimcp, I’m also not talking about claiming, but about particle keys doctor

Hi All!

I literally just discovered (in the last 5 minutes) an issue that was preventing devices manufactured in the last 2 weeks from being properly provisioned in the Particle cloud. I’m provisioning those devices now, and it’s possible if your new device is really really new (just manufactured), that this provisioning issue might have prevented your device from fully getting online.

I apologize for any frustration caused by this, and I’ll post back here when it’s resolved. I hope that was the cause for your connection woes.

edit: most of the new devices should be imported by now, but I’m doing some digging to make sure nothing was missed. I believe it should work now, please DM me if not.

Thanks,
David

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your support.

@Dave, it seems like that was the issue. My Electron is now breathing Cyan!

A little later today I’m going to do some further testing/setup - load a sketch, publish some data, etc… I’ll let you know if I have any more issues.

Thanks again,
Michael

2 Likes

Hello @Dave, I just bought two electrons and none of them connects to the cloud. They just blink cyan fast all the time, but not breathing. I did the same thing that Mike did and still nothing. I have other electrons in my account and never had this issue. Maybe like you mentioned is not provisioned on the particle cloud?
Thank You

Hi @Dave , I just received an Electron today that is exhibiting the same problems as @Kuto’s.

Please help!

1 Like

Hello @afk, I still have the problem and no luck so far. I bought 5 electrons and only one worked fine. I never had this type of problem before and I have about 12 electron so far in my account with no issue like this before.

Hi All,

I’m looking into this, I think there was a synchronization issue with one of our factories recently, and I’m working to resolve it this morning.

Thanks,
David

Hi All,

I have provisioned a number of missing electrons, if you were having trouble getting online with your brand-new electron, please try it again, I’m hoping this will fix that issue for you. If not, please ping me about your electron and I’ll look into it.

Thanks,
David

2 Likes

I wanted to mention that I was helping a friend set up an old (but never used) Electron (with 0.6.2 firmware!) that wouldn't go online during the setup process, I executed that command and then it went online.
So, thank you Kenneth!