Hello Dear community,
First let me say I have no experience with IoT whatsoever.
The goal of our project is to build a parking space monitoring solution with an Iot hardware with:
- camera able to take screenshots every minute
- a minimal IoT hardware able to run a matlab algorithm
- a good GSM connection via 3G
- a good case for the IoT device to be able to withstand rain and bad wheather.
Is the electron a good fit for this job ?
Can you point me to :
- a good tutorial on how to add a camera to the electron or the e-series or electron ( I did find some, but not a step-by-step one, which kind of sets me off-track having no experience with IoT)
- Once I have the device set up, how do I create the case for it ? It will need to have the camera mounted somehow.
- a good tutorial on how to install matlab and run this algorithm on client side.If this is not possible and image processing would need to be done on server side, than is it possible to replace the sim card with a local card?