Easiest way to plot and download data with user accounts?

We are a small company using particle Boron devices to send sensor data to the cloud. Our customers should be able to see this data (a graph of some recent timespan) and download it. We need to be able to have separate users which see only data of their sensors, not of others.

Can anyone tell me what the simplest platform is to achieve this? I got students to make a bachelor thesis at our local university, and they ended up sending data to AWS, with some kind of lambda function, using an influx DB and visualizing with Grafana. I find it absolutely horrible. There are far too many different pieces of software and services and logins that all need to work together, for a small business with no dedicated IT people this is close to hopeless. Is there any platform that might not have all the bells and whistles, but that would fulfil KISS (keep it simple and stupid) that you know of? If yes, I would love to hear about it! (and to the particle team: why don’t you offer such a simple platform?)

Hi @martinfierz -

Maybe have a look at @Ubidots or KaaIoT (for quite complex matters). Ubidots have a free stem license for up to three devices if I recall correctly. If you go beyond that you will have to use a subscription base license.

Ubidots is quick to get going and easy to implement.

Regards, Friedl.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.