Download App Sources what about upload?

For a while I have wondered how to download an .ino file with it’s manual entry includes files using the WEB IDE. Just found it today. see image which makes a zipped file with all includes and the original ino file.

but this brings up the question. Can the zipped file be loaded back into the WEB IDE? Can’t seem to find any suggestions about how to do that. Drag and drop just loads the files in the browser. Any ideas?

@rocksetta, there is no way back “up”. You will need to create the tabs and cut&paste the content in.

Darn I was trying to simplify using lots of include files without writing a library. The downloaded file would have been easy to edit and add more includes then upload.

Guess I am writing libraries.

P.S. I have used the client to add a private library, but I can’t seem to see it using the WEB IDE. Using the CLI I have proved that it is installed, but I can’t seem to include it in my project. Any hints @peekay123 ?

@rocksetta, did you upload or publish the library? Either way, it will be private and appear in YOUR list of libraries (My Libraries), just above the Community Libraries. If you don’t publish, the library will appear with a lock next to it indicating it is private.

Weird. I like to think that I am good at problem solving, but totally missed that. Like always thank you @peekay123.

I should make a new thread, but while your here. If the library src folder has sub folders. Are the sub folders ignored? I seem to have several files with the same name

@rocksetta, the folder structure is flattened so everything is uploaded!

Does this mean include statements can't have sub directories. That is going to be a problem.

So this does not work!

#include "core/common.h"

By the way I assume you can't call an include file from a github repo.

#include "https://github.com/mylogin/mygithub/core/common.h"

@rocksetta, the Web IDE only supports tabs while the CLI and Workbench will support sub-directories. The Web IDE is not github aware so you can’t make those types of includes. My recommendation is to build using CLI or Workbench. BTW, as @ScruffR pointed out during a chat, try not using the same filenames in different libriaries/subfolders. Give the files more specific names based on their specific application. Eg. “error.c” in a library might properly be named with the library name pre-pended like “mylib_error.c”.

1 Like

Thanks guys for your input. As usual, I am a bit impatient and trying something that isn't even ready for the Arduino yet, so I have no control of file names. It is the Entangled C library that is changing rapidly and hasn't even been ported to the Arduino (Although it is made for the Internet of Things secure communication, so eventually some form of it needs to work on the Arduino). I think the smallest controller it works on is the ESP8266 which is less than $25 with an example here.

Here is the Github link to the Entangled C library. https://github.com/iotaledger/entangled/tree/develop/cclient/api

I just found out that you can build Entangled's core API into a shared library, but that is a bit out of my C language ability range.

@rocksetta, the “example” is for an ESP32 which is more powerful than its predecessor, the ESP8266. The ESP32 has much more RAM and FLASH than the Particle devices. It also has two processors running at 240MHz vs Photon’s single 120MHz processor.

1 Like

Good point @peekay123 about the processing power, @peekay123 The ESP32 is even cheaper at about $15.00, that is all they have working at the moment, eventually the library will be stripped down to be able to do some of the communication on smaller processors.

I should just wait till it works on the Arduino and then port it to Particle.