This is something that I thought would exist but, I cannot find any examples on the forum.
I would like to build / buy a device that I could send to a park with poor cellular coverage. This device would connect to the Boron via USB and perform a DFU update of the deviceOS and firmware just as I might using an OTA update. I am open to ideas such as long as they meet these three requirements:
- Park Ranger proof - has to be very easy as these are busy professionals
- No connectivity required - Areas have poor coverage even with high-gain antennae don’t want to make the Ranger wait up to 11 minutes watching “flashing green”
- Fixed function or remotely configurable - Don’t want to ask folks to type command prompts
Some ideas to explore:
- The Chrome / DFU USB utility - could I put it on a cheap Chromebook? Would it work disconnected?
- Some way to package the JTAG programmer with the Hex file for a device?
- Using a Particle device?
Any ideas appreciated.