Device.network.connection.error definitions

Am trying to track down why a specific device is having a bit of grief connecting via WiFi.

Particle console diagnostics reveals a number of device.network.connection.error 1024 values in the history record.

What does this value signify? Is this documented anywhere other than the DeviceOS source (which I may need to refer to).

Hi @UMD - sorry I didn’t see this post, see the resulting error codes here:

I recommend following the relevant instructions here:

and/or

and opening a support ticket with any logs you can collect per the instructions!

Hi!

I'm trying to find out the reason, one of my photons is working unexpectedly. I was searching in the device history csv file end found device.network.connection.error 4,1006,1024,1025. None of them are in the list given above. Can you help me about what these mean?

Thank you,
Levi

Hi Letto, these are : (COAP, "CoAP error", -1000), /* -1199 ... -1000: CoAP errors */ \ Likely a local network issue.

Best way to diagnose further is to capture a device erroring out with logs: Cloud Debug | Troubleshooting | Particle.

Hi!

Thank you for your help. I have about 10 devices running the same software. Error codes like 1024 appeared almost every device's logs, where the network signal is not so good. I'm not worried about it, because it handles reconnects fine and the software is working as excepted. However there is one, which is behaving unexpected where I found device.network.connection.error 4 appeared in the logs several times. I've been trying to figure out what's going on for weeks. My system mode is

SYSTEM_MODE(AUTOMATIC);
 SYSTEM_THREAD(ENABLED);

and I use Cloud functions, variables and not too frequently publish too. I read somewhere in the docs, that publish can block in some case so I always surround it with Particle.connected() condition.

I can not share the whole code but I could narrow it down to the error code 4, it definetly has something to do with the problem. I also replaced the Photon with a new one, but that has not changed anything. All of these device function as excepted with strong network quality, so I have not been able to reproduce the problem under test conditions.

Do you have any idea what could cause this behaviour?

Thank you for your help!
Levi

@marekparticle The problem still occurs randomly, multiple days or weeks go with no problem and no records in the history log, than suddenly one day the history shows 40 reconnects a day. I can't find anything on device.network.connection.error 4. Could you help me?

Thanks,
Levi