Developer Support Engineer Introduction

Hi Particle Community-

I’ve been hanging out on the boards for a couple weeks now and wanted to officially introduce myself. I’m Colleen Lavin and I recently joined Particle as the Developer Support Engineer.

I’ve been a hardware hobbyist for about seven years now and a fan of particle for nearly as long- way back in the summer of 2016 I taught photon classes at computer camp. Before Particle I worked as a PM, first at Topcoder and then at a small blockchain startup called Decent Labs. I’m also a hackathon enthusiast and have competed in dozens over the years. Lately, I’ve come to value sleep so I mainly stay on the organizing/judging/mentoring side.

At Particle I will be the maker community’s person. I’ll be answering support questions, making tutorials, and running contests (check out Hackoween). I’ll also make sure that the voice of the particle community is heard internally.

I’m thrilled to be here and can’t wait to get to know everyone!

11 Likes

Hi Colleen,
that’s excellent and welcome to the community!
I’m happy that you are here.
Gustavo.

2 Likes

Hi Colleen -

Happy to have you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Friedl.

1 Like

Welcome Colleen!

1 Like

Ditto… @Colleen welcome to the community! I’d love to join the contest or other particle powered Hack-a-thon events someday. For now, I’m still stuck in the too many ideas… not enough time (or sleep for that matter) mode. Maybe eventually free time will come. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here!

1 Like