Thank you for your great feedback! Your discussion cleared some requirements that I didn’t think of.
Well I’m in the States 110V standard US sockets.
Let me give you a more detailed overview of what I ultimately was thinking of, which I am not sure it can be done.
I want to create a smart child safe plugs. Where if something other than a electric device connected to the plug, it will automatically turn off.
- TV plugged in, electricity is on
- TV unplugged it will turn off
- A child for example got a small key and plugged it in, the electricity will still be off.
- The plugs can be turned on/off on demand by the user via the mobile app
@peekay123 & @ScruffR thanks for the info about having a reed switch or a current sensing device
After thinking about it in more details after reading ur brainstorms, I got an idea
- Put 2 push buttons (or something) that will detect if 2 pins are inserted
- If true then turn on electricity
- elseif 1 of the buttons are pushed then keep electricity off
What do you think?
@ScruffR I would love to hear more about the dangerous suggestions