Designs for 3D printing cases?

Are there CAD or STL files of the new boards or has anyone made or shared cases for 3D printing? I might try to work on one if no one has. I saw some Adafruit Feather cases on Thingiverse but most of them didn’t have room for the male header pins below -they had space above for female headers. Any ideas?

Check Particle’s own Mohit Bhoite designs:

And:

Both enclosures are for a feather tripler board or an ethernet mesh featherwing. I already ordered both enclosures, but i’m still waiting for my mesh devices to use them (one for boron + custom asset tracker, the other for argon + relay feather wing)

4 Likes

For anyone who sees this, Adafruit has some designs posted:

None of their boards have the pins below for putting into a breadboard, so I might try to modiify from their AutoDesk Fusion 360 files which are posted here: https://learn.adafruit.com/3d-printed-case-for-adafruit-feather/parts

2 Likes

I’m making a basic enclosure now for an Argon. How do you share STL files in this forum?

Jim

1 Like

Thingiverse works well.

Ok. As a new thingiverse user, I need to wait 24 hours before I can publish it. I actually modeled the Argon itself as an STL. The intent is to import the STL into your own model to verify it will fit. It’s just a basic model. I’ll upload an enclosure once I’m done.

2 Likes

I deisnged and printed two very basic cases to fit with the foam pad the device ships in: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3257971
The lid fits very tightly – it may take some light sanding or filing depending on your print settings!

1 Like

@davidbradway, The foam pad is conductive. It is meant to dissipate ESD during shipping. You may damage the device or get strange behavior if you run it in the foam.

1 Like

Hmm yikes ok thanks

The intent is not to 3D print this. You should use this to bring into your model to know how the Argon will fit when designing a case or other thing to fit it into. The size and offsets for the holes should be dimensionally accurate.

3 Likes

Almost Done!, I know its been a long time since some asked for it. yesterday I was looking for a 3D model of it, I couldn’t find any, so… I had to do it…

3 Likes