Core keeps blinking white

One of my core was not used for 2-4 weeks and I tried it today, but the core keep on blinking white. I am not able to reset the core also. Even if I reset it is not blinking blue, but keep on blinking white. I have attached a video of the issue, can someone help me to bring it back to normal?

(https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7yduiikno570i9/core2.mp4)

Hi @krvarma,

We’ve seen some white blinking cores come back to normal after warming up for a few minutes. If you haven’t already, any chance you could leave it plugged in for 5-15 minutes and see if that helps? Otherwise can you try a factory reset if you haven’t already?

We’ve also seen pulsing white cores happen as a result of underpowering / bad usb cables, can you try a different cable / power supply?

Thanks,
David

@Dave, I tried factory reset and kept for almost 1 hour, but no luck :frowning:. I connect to my laptop and desktop also but same result.

Good luck @krvarma I would try using a different USB cable, or powering from a non-USB source to try to narrow down the issue. Also make sure nothing about your LAN configuration has changed recently.

It might be informative if you posted a video of what happens when you plug it in.

@Elijah, I already tried different cable and power source but same result. I posted the video link in my original post. This is what is happening when I power the :spark:, Non-USB as well as USB :frowning:

Hi @krvarma,

We’re still trying to narrow down all the scenarios where the core is stuck flashing white like this. Can you email us at hello@spark.io, and we can arrange a replacement?

Thanks,
David

1 Like

@krvarma,

1. were you able to factory reset?

2. Are you able to send wifi credentials to the core? (Blinking blue)?

@kennethlimcp, I am not able to factory reset, when ever I try it starts blink yellow and white but never the blinking blue.

@krvarma,

Can you add me on skype or google chat? We will troubleshoot offline ;D