Can't connect to cloud - flashing cyan

@earakaki flashing red/cyan actually means that it’s having trouble connecting to the global network (it’s on your Wi-Fi network, but it’s not getting to the Cloud). Do you have a good internet connection to your Wi-Fi network?

Hi. Just in general. I’m seeing something similar. Not got a video of the lights just yet bit I’ve done several factory resets and readded my wifi credentials successfully over the iPhone app.

The core powers up. Connects to wifi and then does a few different things each cycle (seemingly randomly).

1. Flashes cyan rapidly.
  2. Hold solid cyan
  3. Flashes cyan once

It then power cycles and does the above again.

I haven’t managed to connect up via serial yet to see what’s going on (sounds like the server key issue). I downloaded coolterm onto my iMac but can’t seem to find the core as a serial connection. only Bluetooth modem and Bluetooth incoming are options.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
This all stemmed from a flash via the web IDE.

Ok. Think I was doing a factory reset wrong. Got it now. All happy again.

1 Like

Yes, the internet connection on my Wi-Fi seems normal, no package loss, nothing anormal.

@earakaki Do you have any firewalls up that might be interfering with the Spark Core, or is there a captive portal? It seems like something is keeping the Core from connecting to the internet.

No firewall or captive portal. I will capture the packages to see exactly what’s happening.

Is there any email that I can send the dump of package capture to help debugging the problem?

Hey @earakaki, go ahead and email those to me at zachary@spark.io. Looking forward to getting you up and running.