Hi, all—bit of a silly question as my digging so far leaves me with a clear answer but I'd greatly appreciate confirmation. In short, can I procure and use a Boron in the UK without significant modification to, e.g., firmware/custom SIM card/etc.? Our team has put lots of work into creating very Boron-friendly designs that would not readily accommodate the BSoM so I want to be certain that I've looked under every stone.
Here's what I've learned so far:
The Boron works over 2G/3G in the UK according to the following screenshot, but the Particle store shows 2G/3G units only for sale on trays. I need only a couple (for now), so the tray option won't do...
The B524 would work in principle but requires either a custom PCB or
Particle M.2 SoM Evaluation Board, which unfortunately won't fit my sensor housing.
This thread and this post in the thread in particular make it clear that the more readily available BRN404X won't work in the UK.
If anyone knows of anything I'm missing (including procurement options for Boron 2G/3G if 2G has a few years left in the UK), I'd love suggestions! Or if I've reached the end of the road, confirmation of that would help, too. Thanks!
