Hello Spark community,
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the awesome folks!
With the Photon shipping in 3 months time, @Harsh and I thought about how best we can contribute to this new development kit and benefit the community + developers.
##BM-09 Dev Board (Basic)##
Here are some of the features we have in mind:
- breakout of ALL the pins on BM-09 (Bluetooth co-existence, RGB, MODE button)
- JTAG connector for those wanting to dive into low-level stuff
- Debugging through USB via FTDI chip
- Coin cell holder to explore Vbat functionality
- 9/12V to 3.3V SMPS circuitry
- SMA + U.fl + Chip antenna
- Current measurement test-points
- Lipo 1S charging + 3.3V Buck converter
We hope that this Dev-board would all developers to have a stable and comprehensive dev board that allows them to focus on product building with the ability to debug and explore the entire capabilities of the BM-09.
It’s still in the early stage but our target is to have the first prototype in our hands by the 3rd week of Jan 2015 for testing and re-iteration.
Stay tuned for more updates!