Best library for sht31d

I am getting highly inaccurate readings from my sht31d temp sensor. I am using the closedcube_sht31d library. My temp readings are always almost 5-10 degrees off. I am wondering if another library might solve my problems. Is the adafruit library better?

edit:
could it also be that the sensor is reading increased temp due to its proximity to the circuitry of the argon/ethernet featherwing? but almost by 5 - 10 degrees?

Yes that very probable.

I have a STH31 temp sensor on a Photon and have noticed that it looks like the temps for it are always 5 degrees above the room temp for some reason.

It’s been a highly accurate sensor for a long time so I’m not sure why it seems off.

Maybe the heater feature is stuck on for some reason.

Have you tried different libraries for that chip yet?

I haven’t tried any other libraries yet. I am thinking of spinning up a new board and try it with a different library - at the same location - to see if that makes a difference.

What library are you using? And you say the sensor has been very accurate - so your inaccurate readings are on this one sensor ?

There is a long discussion on the link below about the reliability of the humidity values from the sht31 sensor ( though mine is the 31d). Its interesting reading. folks there are baking their sensors!

reliability of sht31 sensor

You might try this particle library: adafruit-sht31

Particle Web IDE library describes it as: Adafruit SHT31 port to Particle

I have only tried this library with the following Adafruit product. Temperature readings are very good.

SHT-30 Mesh-protected Weather-proof Temperature/Humidity Sensor - 1M Cable

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.