Azure IOT Suite

Hi,

I posted a question a couple of days ago - but added it to an existing post - so I guess its got lost or overlooked - so apologies for the repost :open_mouth:

As MS have now officially released their ‘Azure IOT’ Suite’ (sep 29th), are there any docs detailing how we can connect to this service ??. Looking at their site - it seems that (unlike a basic event hub - which I have working wink it requires authentication at the device level ??.

This suggests to me that your interface code will need to be sent an individual deviceID and auth code PER DEVICE, so we need some way of passing these values up to the webhook as part of ‘publish’ (or embedded into the data) ???. At present the auth token is part of the webhook code. My guess is that you will NOT want us creating a specific webhook PER DEVICE (if this will even work!! - haven’t tried this yet).

NB I also just did a check and their system DID accept my Particle ID as a device ID :-)), so that should make it a little simpler. BUT the auth code is different to my other newly added device (allowed them to generate a device ID).

Of course this DOES expose the system security as the auth code would have to be passed from the device to you ‘in the clear’ !! - so maybe we need a means to set up a per device auth key which is stored on your system :-O.

Maybe I am missing some vital piece of info somewhere :-O.

Thanks again…
BR
Graham

I am interested in the same topic. Any news about IoT Hub?

+1 interested as well

+1 I am interested in the same topic.

Hopping on the +1 train!

Sorry but I can’t answer this - as I gave up on the Azure hub stuff after installing the MS trial - then spending months trying to get back the 390 odd dollars a month MS stung me - just for enabling the trial :-O. Installing it obviously turned ON load of ‘stuff’ I wasn’t aware of and certainly didn’t need :-O.

I now use simple webhooks, and post directly into my own Azure web server/API - and take it from there…

Mind you - my data rate is not all that high - yet ;-).

Hope this helps…

Graham

+1 on establishing a straightforward way of publishing to the Azure IoT hub. Any progress yet? I’ve seen in other posts that members have hacked out a solution but was hoping for something more baked in…