- Support for every method in the official AssetTracker library.
- Unit testing to verify similar results from the official AssetTracker (Adafruit parser) and AssetTracerRK (TinyGPS++) parser.
- Optional threaded mode eliminates the needed to call updateGPS() and greatly reduces problems with lost or corrupted GPS data caused by serial buffer overflow.
- Full browsable API documentation
- Updated WakeOnMove example
One of the fascinating things I discovered is that there’s a loss of precision in the Adafruit parser because of the use of float (4-byte) values when doing certain calculations in degrees. The TinyGPS++ does most calculations using double (8-byte) values. You can see the rounding error in the Adafruit parser (blue) vs. TinyGPS (orange) on a plot of coordinates taken while driving.
The official Github repository is here.
The library is in the community libraries as AssetTrackerRK.