Argon seems to be stuck flashing yellow

Hello there thanks in advance for any help.

I recently went to flash my argon via the cloud using the Web IDE (which i had done in the past) and the argon just started flashing yellow.

When i try to flash it via USB it tells me the flash WAS successful but i cannot communicate with the argon via the particle iOS app or the cloud. and the light still flashes yellow.

IT seems the argon is NOT locked. i can attempt to select a mode but it seems it never changes modes.

the argon remains flashing yellow regardless of what i try and do.

Ive tried to factory reset the argon but it just sits there flashing yellow.

I tried using the doctor, i tried using the Web IDE, Iā€™ve tried using the Workbench.

IF anyone can point me in the right direction to reset this device that would be great thanks,

Can you try particle flash --usb tinker?

If that doesn't help try following these steps (replacing the xenon parts with argon)

The binaries can be found here.

1 Like

Yes i have. i cant seem to communicate with the device at all.

But yet when i flash it tells me its was successful even with the -v flag....

is there i a way i can manually upload new firmware using dfu-util?

when i try to detach using DFU util i get:

Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 2b04:d00c
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 4096
can't detach

Then right after:

Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 2b04:d00c
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: error get_status

Yes, but CLI should use dfu-util anyhow.

Maybe @rickkas7 can help out

This is the answer, but can i ask for a more detailed explanation as to why this worked?

Not quite sure what has changed between the post where you said CLI didnā€™t work and now it apparently did?

However, one possible explanation is that your previous update didnā€™t fully finish leaving your device in a ā€œlimboā€ state, but applying the full setup once over again has fixed it.

@teedub Iā€™m having the same problem as you I thinkā€¦ Iā€™m stuck flashing yellow. When I flash via USB it tells me Iā€™m successful, but stays flashing yellow. I think you found the answer but Iā€™m not sure what you did. Can you walk us through your road to success?