Adafruit_ILI9341 example problem - Digistump Oak not supported by libraries on Web IDE

That might have been an importent info from the beginning.
I'm not sure if there is anything not quite there yet to support Lib 2.0 on Oak - @suda?

Have you got a Particle device to build for? I've built against Photon 0.6.0 & 0.6.1-rc.1

No, at this point I only have oaks. That might make some sense then. I did get the Arduino IDE to compile these examples,after a bit of fiddling. so I guess that is what I have o do for now, if I want library support.

Thank you, I appreciate your help in all of this, I am sorry I did not manage to provide the most pertinent information initially, I did not realize that would be the crux of the issue.

I think I can shed a little light here.

Libraries v2.0 in the Web IDE requires some changes to the firmware that were introduced in 0.5.3. I don’t know what version the Oak is on, but I am guessing those changes aren’t included. Us Compound creators were notified of the change a little late, so it may take a bit for all the different Compounds to catch up.

For bluz we had to apply a specific set of changes to add support for Libraries 2.0 as our firmware is currently based on 0.5.0, if anyone is interested they can see it here: https://github.com/spark/firmware/pull/1100

I am not sure if this issue would happen on any Particle device running 0.5.2 or earlier, or if the Web IDE has some protections in place for older firmware, but if anyone runs into the issue with a Photon/Electron, upgrading may be the way to resolve it.

3 Likes