Actual Wireless Throughput

Does anyone one know the actual wireless (TCP) throughput of either the Core (TI CC3000 WiFi Module) or the Photon (P0 Broadcom WiFi Module). The P0 claims “Supports wireless data rates of up to 65Mbit/s” but I would like to know the real world throughput people are achieving.

Thanks!

1 Like

For the core I measured bursts around 40KB/s I believe, but it’s been a while, I haven’t tested the throughput on the photon yet… but now I’m curious… testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just did some very lazy testing on the photon, and was getting bursts around 130-200KB/s during local TCP transfers, and sustained throughput in the 70-100KB range. This was without any optimization, and doing silly things like sending goofy sized packets and flushing constantly, etc, so I’m sure it can be faster. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Thanks for testing this out Dave! Just to confirm, the throughput was kilobytes and not kilobits?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Yup, Kilobytes I believe! I was using Curl to pull a fake web page from my photon and core, and using that (somewhat lazily) to measure the throughput. I believe it was in KB. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David