Ability to order P2 modules shipped to PCBWay in China?

To date, I've always ordered Particle Hardware shipped directly to me in the US and my carrier boards were from PCBWay from China. I'd just install the Particle board into my carrier board and good to go.

However, I recently made my first P2 SOM board. I am really liking the P2! For the first few samples, I shipped the P2 modules to PCBWay in China for them to include in the PCB assembly as a customer supplied part. However, since the country of origin of the P2 to begin with is China, PCBWay would much rather receive them directly from China. Logistically, this would logically make more sense as well vs Shipping them from China --> US --> Me in the US --> China.

Is this possible? Let's say I wanted to order 250 or even a full reel of 600 P2 modules and have them shipped directly to PCBWay in China. Can I do that? If so, how do I go about that? Can PCBWay order directly from Particle, is there a distributor, what happens with import duties, etc.

Hi Jeff- What is your timeline on this? Brought it up internally and we are looking into it but I do not currently have a concrete answer for you.

1 Like

@Colleen, I’m not 100% sure. I’ll send you a DM with a little more detail. I’d say it’s not immediate, just trying to have a plan in place for when I order the next batch. That way it’s just go execute the plan vs scramble, wing it or cause extra delays.

1 Like