A makefile for local builds

I got fed up of git cloning lots of core-firmware directories and editing my $PATH every time I wanted to locally compile a new firmware.

So I’ve made a simple makefile that basically copies your c++ file over application.cpp and runs make (with whatever target you want). It also changes the $PATH to include the gcc-arm-none-eabi cross-compiler environment.

This means now you can have individual directories e.g. in your $HOME, instead of trying to track files inside the core-firmware directory, like you do with Arduino e.g.

~/sketches/blink/
       blink.cpp
       Makefile

Then just run make or make clean all or any other target - it imports them all from core-firmware/build/makefile

I’ve not looked at how libraries or multiple files will be supported yet, but here is the Makefile, note that its 2 tabs (not 8 spaces) before the $(MAKE) line, or i hate how anal that is!

Obviously you need to change the PATH, CPPSRC and FWDIR to match your environment, but after that just change CPPSRC.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you!!!

I’m going to give this a try when I get home. After a shower. And a nap. And maybe more napping. 22 hours of no sleep and counting… *snore* So worth it!

1 Like