3G network instability

Hi there,

We have close to 30 devices that use E310 module and connect to 3G network in New Zealand. These devices are located in various places of upper North Island and have been working OK.

The issue we have now started to happen more often in December 2023 up till now, where we see 10 or more devices fails to connect to the 3G network.

These devices are designed to wake up and update data to the network every 15 minutes and when we see the issue, the Particle dashboard would show a clear drop in devices connected (see attached screenshot

). The device OS version is 3.3.1.

Has anyone seen any problem like this on the 3G network?
What would you suggest to narrow down the issue is caused by instable 3G network or something in firmware? To me, it is unlikely that the issue is caused by firmware, as these units are located in different places, deployed at different times, and yet they disconnect at the same time. We have encountered this issue more than 10 times and every time it's a significant number of devices that disconnect at the same time.

Any experience, or pointers to what to look for would be helpful.

Thanks!

P.S. I am aware that 3G is going to be deprecated but at least in NZ, they are supported until 2025.

Can you please DM me the Device ID? I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Hi Colleen,

thank you for being in touch!

How do I DM you?

thanks!

You should have the DM option now; you didn't before.

Click on Colleen's label and there should be a Message button.