Xenon BLE Peripheral role

In the IOT world I get the feeling we tend to forget it is meant to be used in real live. I work for Bolides, I Belgium car sharing company. We have a custom BLE hardware to open cars of all brands. One of our clients is Mercedes. As cars are often parked in underground parkings where no cellular or wifi is available it is essential the car can be opened without internet connectivity. I have been working with Particle for years and the mesh made me switch gears and implement more. But it is really essential that a custom mobile app can be put into the mesh, like a Xenon. Evan better act like an Argon as a bridge to the internet or temporary storage for offline use cases. Later to be send to the particle cloud and my servers. The custom hardware we have now works very reliable because we do not deal with internet. However we would like to have more upgrade and logging options. This is where particle shines but then the custom app should be able to communicate using only BLE.
@jberi I hope you can give a timeline for this feature as I need to make a hardware selection before june. Without this we will be forced to keep using our custom hardware.

update It seams to be on the timeline for 1.2 BLE Central Mode by @ rickkas7