Why is Librato not seeing my data

Hi there, I have followed the Logging Librato Webhook tutorial to the letter and I do not receive any data into Librato. I have tested and receive data with CLI. If someone has successfully managed the tutorial please let me know.

@BDub might need your help here.

Hi @LesG,

This one can be tricky, try watching for what responses come back by watching your events with the CLI or the api with a call to spark subscribe mine. When I was writing the example, I found that small errors in the request formatting, or something like a / in the variable name could cause a problem.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hi David,
I do use the CLI to monitor the data streams and they are fine. Interestingly since my initial post I found it working yesterday in Librato. I then setup another exactly the same and again nothing in Librato. Not sure if any of this helps, I have tried other logging sites but I don’t have enough knowledge with the API’s to understand what they require.

Les

Hi @LesG,

Watch your events during the first few minutes the hook is setup with spark subscribe mine. If you’re triggering hooks too frequently, you’ll get an error event, it’s possible your hook was disabled for going over the rate limit. The easiest way to recover from a disabled hook is to delete it / re-create it (sorry about that!).

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hi David,
Yes just tried your suggestion and still no result. There were no errors in the CLI with Subscribe and it is publishing every 15 seconds.

Les

1 Like

Hi @LesG,

I just wanted to reply that I haven’t had a chance to dive into this yet, I suspect maybe we’re hitting the host cap I set for librato since so many people are logging to it at once, but I’m not sure. I haven’t forgotten about this though.

Thanks,
David

I was also having a similar issue where I was able to see events being published in CLI while getting a “no data available” notification. It says that there isn’t a source available for some reason or another.

1 Like

I have gone to Ubidots and this works well. Good tutorial on how to get it all up and running.

2 Likes