What does ESOCKETTIMEDOUT mean?

It’d be good to a) expand the ESOCKETTIMEDOUT error message to indicate webhook destination did not complete in 5 seconds
b) detail in those docs we discussed via email all the error messages (which I presume is a neat list somewhere at a top of a code file)

Not to beat anyone up, but for context: It was quite frustrating and many hours consumed to progressively hunt down and solve this issue. Where is the error coming from? Who timed out? Particle photon, particle webhook system, AWS API gateway or AWS lambda? It took me quite a while to prove Particle wasn’t at fault, there was just a tight constraint and an ambiguous error message.

5 seconds isn’t a lot of time, I imagine a number of people are processing webhooks and sending push notifications and that process can easily chew 4 seconds. Knowing the constraints would inform a different (and more complicated) task creation design pattern on reception of a particle webhook.

I’m really looking forward to being able to issue a publish to a non-particle destination using the TLS cert of my choosing!