[Webhooks] Super Simple Motion Activated Push Notifications

Hi there,
When I try to create a new webhook I get this error. I’m fairly new to all this, so I’m not sure how to interpret it, and I was wondering if you guys knew how to fix this. To give you some background of what I did: I opened a textedit file, copied the code above and added my user key and API token, then saved as pushover.json as directed. I also do have Particle CLI setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The error (quite obviously) states there’s a syntax error, so you might want to double check your JSON for any invalid characters. If you do a quick Google you’ll find a couple of sites that can check JSON for you that might be of help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can also add a Webhook now with the Console, which might be easier :slight_smile:
https://console.particle.io/integrations

2 Likes

Still not sure where the syntax error came from, as I simply copy and pasted the code above and added my user ID and API token, but I got it to work with the console! Thank you guys for your help!

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s odd. Just tested it (the JSON blob from post 1) here and it created successfully. Perhaps your editor changed the quotes to something odd? Either way, glad to hear you’re up and running.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Setting up Webhooks with Particle CLI and Particle Console?