Webhooks for organizations

Hello folks,

I love Webhooks (#1 Fan) and I really like organizations. So I can’t wait to move all the Photons I currently have into an organization account. The only thing I’m missing is a way to have everybody use the same webhook.

Any idea when we will have Webhooks for organizations?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I vote for webhooks for organizations too. Working with multiple devices (thats what organization is supposed to do) without webhooks is quite a problem.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Dave and @jeiden, are there any plans to add organization capabilities to webhooks?

We are building a product that uses webhooks, but we can’t use the awesome capabilities of Dashboard for organizations because are not supported yet (or I’m just doing it wrong :slight_smile: ).

I would imagine that an organization webhook would look something like:

"product_id" : 999

Or if you want to get fancy, it could also have:

"min_firmware_version" : 5

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Hi @sazp96,

Yes! We will be adding organization support for webhooks so you can subscribe to events from your products. I was thinking it would subscribe to all firmware versions by default, but you could target a specific version as well if needed. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Awesome! That solution sounds perfect. Making the target_version an optional parameter would help folks with large fleets running different versions of FW, while not over-complicating things for people that are just getting started.

Any idea when this awesome feature will be available?

1 Like

@sazp96,

Totally hear you. This is now more on our radar as many people in the community have been asking for this. Unfortunately, with the Electron ship date approaching, it is unlikely that this will be released before the end of this year.

However, once our team regains bandwidth to re-focus on new features for product creators, I’d be surprised if this wasn’t high up on our list.

Jeff

That makes sense. Thanks for the insight @jeiden, it really helps knowing this so we can plan accordingly on our side.

As a temporary solution, do you know if customer accounts are allowed to create Webhooks? This would enable us to start using the dashboard for organization.

Thanks!

Hi @dave and @jeiden, now that the Electron is out (congratulations btw, it is awesome!!) are there any plans to make webhook for Orgs a reality?

This is a huge thing for us, (@amacasas), given that today we need to create a user account for each customer, instead of a customer account where we can leverage all the organization capabilities that you have already built.

We are eager to bring the organization capabilities to our product. Thanks!

Hi @sazp96,

Yes! This is still a major priority and something we’re getting a TON of requests for. It should be coming soon hopefully!

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Just to close the loop on this, a public beta has just been released for product webhooks. You can check it out here: Introducing Product Webhooks!

1 Like