Using Tinker to set GPIO

Hi

I’ve installed the Particle for RPi and so far this seems like an awesome product!

My first project was to set a GPIO high/low, but I’ve had som troubles doing this.

It seems like the Tinker firmware isn’t implemented in correspondence with the RPi pinout.

I have a relay set on Pin #7 on RPi. When looking into the pinout this should correspond to D0. I would then expect Tinker to be called with digitalWrite(D0=HIGH) to set this port as OUT and HIGH (Using the console online).
Using the console-tool gpio, I find that this is not the case. It works with D4.

Can someone tell me if this is by design, and the rationale behind?

Jacob

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

If you use the default Tinker firmware and the Particle mobile app you should be able to toggle the 7th pin on the GPIO connector with D0. If you reflashed Tinker from another source it might be the cause of the issue since not all versions of Tinker floating around our tools and docs have been updated for the Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. You are absolutely right; when I toggle D0 using the Particle App, it works like a charm with the Tinker firmware loaded.

Loading the original Tinker-firmware, also fixed the D0 trouble using the online Console.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jacob

Hi, I have two RPi’s running the Particle agent successfully.
Only now that I tried the Tinker app, I got a surprise:

Why are the pins so randomly mapped?

Tinker is not essential for the RPi, but it is a useful troubleshooting and testing tool I’d like to be able to use.
It is a mystery why the correct pins don’t react using Tinker…

Is this still a “work in progress” or is there no more interest in this?

:wave::older_man: