Using device name in Cloud API request instead of device ID

Hello. Earlier today I spent about an hour debugging “Permission Denied” errors returned by the Cloud API. I eventually realized that I had to provide my device ID instead of my device name. However, the example API requests in the Tinker section of the start page of the documentation seem to use the device name “teapot” instead of the device ID. I assume this is a typo, but I figured I would ask because it would be cool to be able to use the device name in the future.

Hi @kronion,

Using the friendly device name is a feature we’re definitely going to implement. Hopefully it will be available sometime this month. Sorry about that bug in the docs, and thanks for catching it, I’ll add a ticket for that in the meantime.