Brand new to working with Spark, but super excited about it My first project is a bit of environmental sensing and control. Basically I’m having a new bathroom fitted, it will be using a digital shower and bath fill, in-line extractor fan and 6 mains powered LED downlights. My control logic will go something like this:
- Room unoccupied = no action
- Room occupied + light level low = ramp lights to 80% + energise IR proximity sensor for touch free dimming control
- Bath/Shower running = energise extractor fan and record humidity level. When shower/bath finished, run extractor until pre-shower/bath humidity level is reached.
I have purchased the following sensors (some of which are 5v and will need level conversion) to achieve this:
- in-line current sensor (for sensing shower/bath fill state)
- Humidity/Temp sensor
- IR proximity sensor
- Light sensor
- 240v microwave occupancy sensor
- 2ch mains dimmer (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AC-60Hz-50Hz-Dimmer-Controller-Board-Arduino-Compatible-/221692992399?var=520541937188) which I can use to control the lights and the speed of the fan if necessary
The occupancy sensor is designed to switch the lighting circuit directly, but I will be using it standalone. What are the techniques available to convert the 240v AC switched signal to the 0-3.3V DC necessary for Spark?
Any help much appreciated.