Trying to use BLE API on an Argon

Hi there,

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I can’t get the BLE APIs to work at all, following the guides on the website and also using the documentation. This is an example of the guides I’ve been using. Stripping out all the code for the TFT display (and with it) I get errors saying “‘BleScanResult’ does not name a type” or “‘BleAdvertisingData’ was not declared in this scope”.

It feels like there is a required BLE library that I am not including, but I can’t see that mentioned anywhere.

I’ve tried upgrading the device firmware to the 1.3.0rc version. This is an example of the code I’m using.

I will make an idiots guide to using BLE once I have this working!

#include "Particle.h"

const size_t SCAN_RESULT_MAX = 30;

BleScanResult scanResults[SCAN_RESULT_MAX];

float lastVoltage = 0.0;
void setup()
{

}

void loop() {

}
1 Like

@VolitionComponents, are you sure you are targeting your Argon (yellow star next to name in the web IDE) and the DeviceOS is set to 1.3.0-rc.1? I just compiled your code without error.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response! While I had set the target to an Argon, and I had set it’s DeviceOS to 1.3.0-rc.1 (bottom right in the screenshot) I hadn’t set the Device OS target correctly.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This github repo "bluetooth an LED" includes an example of code that will broadcast information over bluetooth. I think it is a simpler example than some of the pre-built particle ones.

1 Like