The Ingrein Clock is live on Kickstarter!

Hello guys,

As many of you know, @amacasas and I have been working on a Photon powered product for the last year. We are very excited to tell you that we have launch the Ingrein Smart Clock Kickstarter Campaign.

For those of you who haven’t heard about it, Ingrein is a luxury wood clock with a LCD screen that connects to your smartphone apps or smart home devices to send you important notifications. I’ve synced the clock to my personal calendar and ESPN to get notifications about the important things in life :wink:

It would mean so much to us to have your support in one or more of the following ways:

1. Buy a clock from our Kickstarter campaign. The Super Early Bird price is $250 (40% off MSRP), but there is a limited quantity of those.
  2. Please share this post on Facebook.
  3. Re-tweet this tweet.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Sergio and Amadeo

8 Likes

Awesome, congrats on launching!

1 Like

Looks awesome :slight_smile: one question why in you Kickstarter time line do you have FCC certification? I understood that the photon has a module certification?

1 Like

Hi @Jean-Pierre, the Photon is already FCC certified, that is why it will take us only a few weeks instead of a few months to get ours. I believe we still need to fill certain paper work to be allow to sell in the US and EU.

@sazp96 oh that makes sense. Thank you for the info. Do you know where I can get more information on that?

congratulation of your super successful Kickstarter project :tada: :tada: could I ask you a few question about how you got funded in only 2 days :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats on such an elegant design! I have a question… Or maybe a few!

Is the analog clock integrated into the Particle device?

I’ve seen hacks out there using interrupt driven H Bridge to control a quartz clock movement, and wondered if you had plans for that.

The TFT will dim at night kind-of-thing?

Hiding the cord would be nice, will your final design allow for a hidden powering option (i.e. connection is obscured)?

Again, brilliant, beautiful design and congrats at meeting your goal!

1 Like

Thank you guys! It has been a very intense and exciting 24 hours :slight_smile: .We just release our stretch goals - Hello Alexa and Siri :wink:

@Jean-Pierre, I will he happy to jump on a call with you. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the support of this community. So it is our time to give back. PM me your contact info.

About the certification process, there is a great doc written by @will on the Particle documentation Guide.

@bulldoglowell
The analog clock is not integrated (yet). On the beta units it just pulls power (1.5V) from the PCB. We are planing to “upgrade” to movement that we can control from the board.

The tricky part is that our solution needs to be reliable for 10+ years. Our current movement already adjusts automatically for DST. So the extra benefits are not as big, so we will only do the switch if we come up with a super reliable solution.

About the screen brigthness, we will let the user select 2 brigthness levels, for for during the day and for for after sunset. The default is 40% less brigth.

How do you envision hiding the cord? We would love to get rid of it, but give the LED and full color LCD power consumption, it is just not doable. So given that we need to have a cord, we wold love to hear ideas on what to do with it :slight_smile:

The cord is a micro USB cable rated for 2 Amps. So if your wall is black for example, you can get a black cable from Amazon instead of using the white one that comes with the clock.

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

How about moving it inboard towards the center of the clock and allow end user to make a bend to plug into an outlet behind the clock?

It could hang straight down like your photos show, or wind back to a nicely hidden outlet.

My wife hates power cords running down the wall, so I put power outlets behind artwork with lamps, for example.

1 Like

Hey @BulldogLowell, sorry I missed your comment. That sounds like a great idea!

The clock itself is one inch thick. So we could easily carve our at least half an inch to provide some space for the power adapter. The wall outlet would still need to have some space for the power adapter though. Have you done something like that in the past? Power outlets that “go deep” into the wall?

Not sure of any patents, and viability, but this power solution is both cool and creepy :wink:

2 Likes

Well, for North America, yes. And they exist for ‘new work’ applications, that is you can cut a hole in the wall (say above an existing outlet) and push the box into the hole, so a recessed outlet you can install.

@Moors7 that is a really cool solution. Very 007. We will check it out.

@BulldogLowell so that is how you do it. Great. I think that would provide enough space for the power converter.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

It's a cool way to make a happier spouse.

I guess I had a Yoda moment here;

:wink:

1 Like

Congrats on the launch and successful funding!!!

1 Like

@sazp96

So, I noticed that the funding for this project was cancelled… what happened?

Does that mean this is a no-go?

2 Likes