Suggestion: LIbrary search in Workbench

I really like the ability in both the Web IDE and DEV to search for libraries. Currently I’m constantly using: ctl+sft+p Particle:Library then type in the exact library, cross my :crossed_fingers: and :pray: it loads. Any hope we will see some sort of search function?

Thanks ahead of time!

1 Like

This is a two-step process but you can use Particle:Launch CLI.

In the CLI console pane use the particle library search command.

For example:

bash-3.2$ particle library search neopixel
> Found 7 libraries matching neopixel
neopixel 0.0.14 [verified] 1124094 An Implementation of Adafruit's NeoPixel Library for the Spark Core, Particle Photon, P1, Electron and RedBear Duo
neopixel__spark_internet_button 0.0.5 441 An Implementation of Adafruit's NeoPixel Library for the Spark Core Spark Internet Button
neopixel-bluz 1.0.0 134 A library to drive WS2812(B) Adafruit Neopixels.
neopixel-dma 0.0.1 102 An Implementation of NeoPixel Library with usind Direct Memory Access methods for the Spark Core
neopixel-pi 0.0.15 0 An Implementation of Adafruit's NeoPixel Library for the Spark Core, Particle Photon, P1, Electron and RedBear Duo
neopixelmatrix 0.0.1 0
neopixel-nrf 0.0.16 0 An Implementation of Adafruit's NeoPixel Library for the Spark Core, Particle Photon,P1, Electron and RedBear Duo

So really it’s 3 steps. 1) Open CLI, 2) use particle library search, 3) open control ribbon to add desired library to project.

On a related note and possible step 4): not always but occasionally when I use CTL+SFT+P to load a library the particle.include file is not created. Maybe there is a more elegant solution but I copied and pasted another particle.include file into the library folder and edited the contents. This happened with the Ubidots Library yesterday.