Spark-Dev failes to install Windows 10

Hi All,

I looked around the community... Maybe I'm missing another thread about it, but I'm having an issue installing the spark-dev pluggin in Atom.

(I also tried downloading trhe latest pre-configured version of the spark dev atom build, but I also get an error whenever I try to compile.)

Here is the error I keep getting when trying to install the package:

npm WARN installMany node-pre-gyp was bundled with serialport@1.7.4, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany nopt was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany npmlog was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany request was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany semver was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany tar was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany tar-pack was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany mkdirp was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany rc was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany rimraf was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
gypnode-pre-gypnpm ERR! Windows_NT 6.2.9200
npm ERR! argv "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.16\resources\app\apm\bin\node.exe" "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.16\resources\app\apm\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js" "--globalconfig" "C:\Users\Jason\.atom\.apm\.apmrc" "--userconfig" "C:\Users\Jason\.atom\.apmrc" "install" "C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\d-115824-36412-17puie2\package.tgz" "--target=0.30.6" "--arch=ia32"
npm ERR! node v0.10.40
npm ERR! npm v2.13.3
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! runas@2.0.0 install: node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the runas@2.0.0 install script 'node-gyp rebuild'.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the runas package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls runas
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m having the same error. Cloud functions and variables work fine. Still looking into it.

Try this from step 2, should work: Tutorial: Setting-Up Atom text editor for Particle Development (OSX)

@Moors7 Yeah, I was just looking at that. Still no dice. The problem comes about at actually installing the spark-dev, hitting install on it causes this error:

> runas@2.0.0 install C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\pathwatcher\node_modules\runas
> node-gyp rebuild

C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\pathwatcher\node_modules\runas>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.16\resources\app\apm\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild )  else (node  rebuild ) 

> serialport@1.7.4 install C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport
> node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --runtime=atom-shell

C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport>if not defined npm_config_node_gyp (node "C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.16\resources\app\apm\node_modules\npm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild --name=serialport --configuration=Release --module_name=serialport --version=1.7.4 --major=1 --minor=7 --patch=4 --runtime=atom-shell --node_abi=atom-shell-v0.30.6 --target=0.30.6 --platform=win32 --target_platform=win32 --arch=ia32 --target_arch=ia32 --module_main=./serialport --host=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/ --module_path=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32 --module=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32\serialport.node --remote_path=./serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --package_name=atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --staged_tarball=build\stage\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --hosted_path=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --hosted_tarball=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz )  else (node  rebuild --name=serialport --configuration=Release --module_name=serialport --version=1.7.4 --major=1 --minor=7 --patch=4 --runtime=atom-shell --node_abi=atom-shell-v0.30.6 --target=0.30.6 --platform=win32 --target_platform=win32 --arch=ia32 --target_arch=ia32 --module_main=./serialport --host=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/ --module_path=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32 --module=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32\serialport.node --remote_path=./serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --package_name=atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --staged_tarball=build\stage\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --hosted_path=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --hosted_tarball=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz ) 
Failed to execute 'node-gyp.cmd rebuild --name=serialport --configuration=Release --module_name=serialport --version=1.7.4 --major=1 --minor=7 --patch=4 --runtime=atom-shell --node_abi=atom-shell-v0.30.6 --target=0.30.6 --platform=win32 --target_platform=win32 --arch=ia32 --target_arch=ia32 --module_main=./serialport --host=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/ --module_path=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32 --module=C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-115824-11844-qfiapm\node_modules\spark-dev\node_modules\serialport\build\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32\serialport.node --remote_path=./serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --package_name=atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --staged_tarball=build\stage\serialport\v1.7.4\Release\atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz --hosted_path=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/ --hosted_tarball=https://node-serialport.s3.amazonaws.com/serialport/v1.7.4/Release/atom-shell-v0.30.6-win32-ia32.tar.gz' (1)

gypnpm WARN installMany node-pre-gyp was bundled with serialport@1.7.4, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany nopt was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany npmlog was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany request was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany semver was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany tar was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany tar-pack was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany mkdirp was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany rc was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
npm WARN installMany rimraf was bundled with node-pre-gyp@0.5.26, but bundled package wasn't found in unpacked tree
gypnode-pre-gypnpm ERR! Windows_NT 6.2.9200
npm ERR! argv "C:\\Users\\Nick\\AppData\\Local\\atom\\app-1.0.16\\resources\\app\\apm\\bin\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\Nick\\AppData\\Local\\atom\\app-1.0.16\\resources\\app\\apm\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "--globalconfig" "C:\\Users\\Nick\\.atom\\.apm\\.apmrc" "--userconfig" "C:\\Users\\Nick\\.atom\\.apmrc" "install" "C:\\Users\\Nick\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\d-115824-11844-1h1a10g\\package.tgz" "--target=0.30.6" "--arch=ia32"
npm ERR! node v0.10.40
npm ERR! npm  v2.13.3
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! serialport@1.7.4 install: `node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --runtime=atom-shell`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@1.7.4 install script 'node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --runtime=atom-shell'.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the serialport package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build --runtime=atom-shell
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls serialport
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above

Tried this. Still no luck. According to @tezza it was working on 1.0.15. Maybe we're both missing something. My apm -v shows:

apm  1.0.5
npm  2.13.3
node 0.10.40
python
git 2.5.3.windows.1
visual studio

so I think that should be fine.

I'll probably just switch to a VM for now, but it'd be great if it would work on Windows. Trying to get a common workflow for my team and it would be much easier for them on Windows.

seems to work fine for me now.

soon as it ran, i told it to update and it all updated.

I’m on Atom 1.0.18

Still no luck. Getting the same error as above every time I try to instal the Spark-Dev package.

Do you see a red bug icon in your status bar? If yes, you can click it and then click Rebuild modules which could help.

No red bug. :frowning:

Just fails every time I click the install package button. :frowning:

Just tried it again on a different Windows computer. Same problem, still no red bug. Particle-cli is installed fine here.

@nichfons i have atom loaded on windows 10, and every time i upgrade it i have to recompile it to eradicate the bug, so if yours isn’t showing the red bug then you have a problem.

Can’t even install it in the first place in order to need to recompile! :slight_smile:

Are there an prerequisites needed on the computer prior to installation?

all i did was download atom installer, ran it and then installed the other packages.

It looks like one of 3rd party packages we depended on did some changes that broke spark-dev package. Could you try installing again now?

Still no luck. :frowning:

I’ve tested it on both Windows/OS X and it looks like native modules aren’t building properly. Updated instruction is now in Requirements section.

@suda seems to have crapped out, this morning atom said 2 packages to update, updated one but particle dev ver 29 refuses ti update, errors out similar to @nichfons above, virtually same errors, what gives was working fine till now.

So I just downloaded and installed the preconfigured spark-dev version of Atom, and it installed fine… I haven’t tried to actually compile a project yet, but it installed… The pluggin for un sparkified Atom still would not install.