Hello all, longtime browser and owner of Particle, first time poster.
I have a Particle Photon that has been running a BLYNK application to control my automation in my home shop.
For several months over the summer, it had no power as I did not want to have some cooling fans running 24/7. In any case, I plugged it in last week, connected to the cloud and was back to using my BLYNK application with no problems.
I accidentally flashed Tinker (several days ago) to it through my Adroid App and ever since that, everything has gone down hill. I’m not sure exactly what went wrong, I think my firmware got upgraded to V1.4.0 (not sure what it was before) and wiped out the previous information for BLYNK (as it shows disconnected in the Blynk App)
However, the Particle App on my Android shows that the Photon is breathing Cyan and I can send the “rainbow” Signal Device and the LED changes. PLEASE NOTE that the Particle Photon is still in the BOB in the shop and everything is OTA.
When I try to reflash Photon with the previous good working code for the BLYNK App, (which was working fine last week) the online IDE tells me it was successful, that it’s updating and that it was a success. However, none of the data makes sense in the console. The previous firmware that was loaded onto the Photon would simply provide me with Temperature and Humidity readings ONLY. Now when I flash the old code after the accidental Tinker flash, I get these readings from the console (flashing back to the old code).
The Photon also then changes from breathing Cyan to some RED SOS flashing, I have not made out the number of blinks. It has become completely uncontrollable from the BLYNK App and based on the Console feedback, something is wrong.
When I set the Photon into safemode, I can reflash Tinker but as soon as I try to change the pin in the App, the Photon faults and blinks RED. I put back into safemode, reflash the firmware working with BLYNK and the console spits out the above console information and the board faults with RED flashing. Again, it only displayed Humidity and Temperature readings and nothing in the old code changed, ever!