Red flashes, tried Particle Keys Doctor, any ideas on what this error message is? [Solved]

My Photon went on the blink, but they are the wrong blinks. Could be SOS but it seems a little more random and then they settle into cyan blinking. Regardless, after reading numerous discussions, I went through the steps (dfu-util, CLI, etc.) and tried to run Particle Keys Doctor (my device ID inserted here). The CMD responds with the following error. Any suggestions? (please make it fairly simple, I’m new to this stuff - thanks) And, yes, I have the unit flashing yellow and my computer is online when I run the command.

C:\Users\Tom>particle keys doctor 5c*etc33
Found DFU device 2b04:d008
Found DFU device 2b04:d008
Error creating keys… Error: Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "openssl genrsa -out 5c
33_rsa_new.pem 1024"
‘openssl’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Make sure your device is in DFU mode (blinking yellow), and that your computer is online.
Error - Error: Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c “openssl genrsa -out 5c***33_rsa_new.pem 1024”
‘openssl’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

You need to install openssl for the keys command to work.

Thanks, kennethlimcp. You guys live in a complicated world. I’ll see if I can figure out how to get that installed.

SOLVED! It works!

I can’t believe I actually got openssl installed along with all the other dfu-util, etc. in the correct location to make it work. I was so confused the entire time and my directory is a shambles. I am totally clueless about the environmental variables and how to get things put in the correct location but…it worked and that’s all that matters. I hope I never have to go there again.

Thanks again, kennethlimcp!

Glad to here its working again @Silverminer! Thanks for the help @kennethlimcp

The CLI installer makes things a lot more straight forward - just OpenSSL wasn’t included in the older versions, but that should be fixed - @jvanier?

I haven’t had time to update the CLI installer to include OpenSSL yet.