RC_CAR + pi camera

pic1
pic2

Add my pi with camera on the RC car. I wrote a simple app to control RC car and show HTTP live streaming.
Now, I can remote control the car and see the live show.:stuck_out_tongue:
thanks Spark core!

5 Likes

@liming That is an AWESOME project!! I would highly encourage you to share an Instructables style project share for your creation, since I’m sure that everyone who got the RC Car Kit and has a Pi lying around will want to give this one a try (including us!)

Happy holidays, and glad you’re enjoying the Core! Best from the Spark team :smiley:

Here is the app code:

Happy holidays!

Good job! Im really curious about delay of video streming. Did you try it just on local network or over internet? How many milliseconds it delays?

Thanks,
Hasan

Hi Hasan,

I test on local network, it delay about 1~2 seconds, over internet will need more time, maybe 5 seconds.
You can change the frame size to reduce the packet throughput, it will make it more smoothly.

Im really disappointed to hear that. I need much more speed. What are possible reasons for that much delay?

Thanks for sharing your experience :smiley:

Have you thought about switching to MJPEG? I’ve seen a few other raspberrypi picam streaming projects and mjpg seems to be more responsive since the stream doesn’t suffer if frames are lost / dropped in transit as it does with h264. OpenROV, another web-controlled vehicle project, uses beaglebone, node, and mjpg for video. it’s very responsive (but is over megabit ethernet…)

Cheers
Mac