Pushing core data to a database such as PubNub

I’m trying to create a product that publishes sensor data to a database like PubNub that has a wide range of opportunities for data manipulation and analysis, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get this working with the spark core. I know this can be done with an arduino and a wifi shield and there are tutorials set up on PubNub’s site and other DB sites on how to do this, but I am somewhat stubbornly trying to get this working with the spark core instead. For one the core is a lot less expensive and smaller than the arduino and the firmware seems to be simpler because it already has internet built into it. Anyone ahve suggestions of how to do this before I switch platforms?

I moved a post to an existing topic: Collecting and storing data from the cloud through SSE/Spark.publish These are virtually the same questions, concerning the same topic. I therefore see no reason to open a new topic. Should you have any compelling arguments to convince me otherwise, please do let me know. If not, then please continue the discussion on the other topic. Thanks!